Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our New Pet...




Add Image


So
over the past few weeks, i would go on my back patio to water my plants and notice this little gal hanging out. At first i didn't think anything of it, but i would keep noticing her every time i would go out back. Sometimes she would be on the wall, or hiding in a plant or crawling on the ground. I guess she has been getting so used to seeing me that she has become less and less afraid of me being near. One time i was sitting on our back porch and she casually just meandered across the patio table, the very same one i was sitting on!! Like she was taking a walk and just wanted to say hi. I can get pretty close to her without scaring her off. I can't say for sure if it's the same gal, but my instinct tells me it is. I'm almost positive it's a female, because the male version has this flap that exudes from underneath it's mouth when it's irritated or "in the mood" ( i looked that fact up online) & i have yet to see it... So, I've been kinda liking seeing my "friend" out back and will try to get more pictures of her ...in the mean time...what's a good name for our new little pet??????

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, you have to know how envious I am that you have this little gecko pal and I don't get to see them anymore since we left SC. ):
    Liz?
    Slinky?
    Luv?
    Sneaky?
    Emerald?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! i like those names especially liz!! Short for liz clairborne ;) I hope you had fun at steppin out, wish i was with you :( maybe next year!!

    ReplyDelete